Thursday, February 4, 2010

My fault or my friends?

I spend so much time with technology because I feel that I have to.

I don't depend on it but I feel that other people depend or force me to use it.

I feel that even my own family will or does get mad at me when I don't answer or don't call back.

My mother is a worry wart and if I don't answer her call or call back soon she freaks out and thinks im dead.

My friends are kind of the same way but they don't think im dead they think im mad and ignoring them.

I could go weeks with out using any technology if only other people wouldn't hate me for doing so.


The impact of technology in my everyday life is over the top.

I'm applying to be a graphic design major and since I can't draw I become limited to what I can do on a computer.

Most of my classes for my major are either computer based or use a computer in class.

Everywhere I go there is technology.

In the commins there is a TV.

In my room and my friends rooms there is a TV.

My homework requires technology most of the time.

Either in computer form or cd form.

I remember growing up with having to finnish my homework before I could do anything.

But at the same time I also ate breakfast in bed with the TV on.

I feel that my brother suffers more from technology then myself.

He relies on it way more then I do or ever did.

One way that I see that it is hurting him is that he has really bad grades.

There are many times when I wish that I lived in the time period not so long ago when there was zero technology.

When people didn't even have light bulbs and pluming.

I feel that I would be a lot closer to the ones I love if that were to happen.


In "Digital Nation" it showed a lot on how people are mostly or fully dependent on technology.

Even the person who made the movie found herself going to the computer and looking things up or checking her email.

It also showed us addiction.

Something I feel people don't fully realize that we have here.

I use to have friends who went to computer zones like they showed in the movie.

Their parents would drop them off and they would pay $5 to play for an hour or $10 to play till closing.

They would be there before the owner rolled out of bed and got there to open the doors.

They would be there till he kicked them out.

One of my friends and I would have to go there to see our friends.

The two of us would usually goof around and just chill out and not play video games while the other 10-30 people (depending on the night) would sit there for hours staring at the screen sometimes not even realizing we were there.

Some of the people who played there went once a week or less and all of them only went there because they rather pay the $10 to play with fast internet then pay the $50 to bring it home and have a slow computer and slow internet.

This place has closed about 3 or 4 years ago now.

There are time when I wish it was open but with no computers.

I miss all my friends from there and I miss all of us hanging out.

I miss all the jokes we pulled on each other.

But I don't miss the computers.

The movie we watch reminded me of that.

And when she said that only South Korea and a few other foreign countries have accepted that there is a technology addiction problem all I wanted to do is show my old hang out place to who ever decided that we don't have an addiction problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment