Thursday, February 11, 2010

Extinction of Books

Although technology seems to be taking over every one's lives, it is still shocking to me that companies are even making technological books.

E-books are the new books that are read on either a computer screen or portable screen.

I don't like the idea of these because I like physically holding the books in my hands and being able to easily bring it wherever I want.

Unlike normal paper books, one would have to worry about batteries dying in the e-books.

Blockbuster books are what make the authors and companies the most money.

Although these books used to be regular classics, it seems like most of the blockbuster books today are also films.

While looking at lists of top sellers, I noticed a lot of the books were also newly made into movies.

I feel like with companies making books stories into movies, less and less people are going to make the effort to read the book when it would be much easier to go see the movie.

I think that with time, everyone will be using the e-books, although some people may not want to give in to this fad.

With technology taking over something as simple as a book, I wonder what the companies will change next.

No comments:

Post a Comment