Friday, February 19, 2010

Technology Dependence

Technology dependence is the inability for a person to live their life without technilogical tools. I dont mean this in the way that they experience withdrawls or will die if they dont have technology in their life, but they are unable to go through their day to day lives without technology. I, myself, have been a victim of technology dependence.

Ever since i got my first cell phone in seventh grade, i cant leave home without it. I sometimes tell myself that i will leave it at home, but the idea that today might be the day that i get an emergency call from somebody close to me makes me decide against it. I have developed an emotional attachment with my phone, mostly because the people who i talk to on it have an emotional connection with me. But one of the worst technological dependencies i have is with my laptop.

I use my laptop for almost everything: Watching movies, doing homework, listening to music, shopping, etc. I literally don't think i could go a day without my laptop for the simple reason that it is involved in every part of my life. I connect with friends and family, research important topics, and stay updated on current news on it. I beleive that i am technologically dependent on my laptop and phone, but since i use both of their functions for good, i dont see it as a problem

No comments:

Post a Comment