Sunday, February 7, 2010

Could We Live Without Technology?

Technology dependence is our generation relying on technology in everyday life. Truthfully, our generation would have no idea how to live without technology such as our cell phones, computers, and ipods.

I personally depend on technology an extreme amount. I would not know what to do without my laptop. I do almost all of my homework on it and have all of my pictures, and music on it. I am always on my laptop using facebook or even just listening to my music. I also am extremely dependent on my cell phone. I have a blackberry so I also use it for email and facebook and am always texting. Technology definitely impacts a lot of aspects of my daily life, and honestly I think it is kind of pathetic.

Watching “Digital Nation” from Frontline in class really was a great way of showing the worlds technology dependence. I was actually amazed that some schools are teaching only by using computers. I do not think this is a good idea because although the world is only going to become more technologically advanced, pretty soon people will really have no idea how to live without technology.

This means that children will not know how to have fun or do anything without technology. Already today children do not go outside and play as much as they used to. I can not imagine how children will be in ten years or so.

I understand that using a computer for education may keep children more interested, but in the long wrong I think it could be a very bad idea.

It is really a sad thing how dependent we are on technology and at this point I can only see it getting worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment