Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Impact of Music: People and Industry

I listen to music almost all day everyday. I even listen to it when I take a nap to drown out the noises of the people on my hallway.

I know for me, music definitely has an effect on my mood and therefore it must on other people.

Music is everywhere and it is becoming even more available. Instead of going to an entertainment or CD store, most people either download music from illegal programs on their computers or buy it off of programs such as itunes.

This is definitely making an enormous impact on the music industry because they are not making back the money that it took to make the songs for us to listen to and the artists are not making the money they used to from people purchasing their CD's.

I would say that music is persuasive, especially since it is heard everywhere we go. A lot of people in our age group listen to rap and hip-hop, which focuses mainly on money, partying, and promiscuity making people think that the artist must be acting in that way and therefore it is the way that a person should act.

Music has always been popular but it has taken a different direction in our generation with downloading and has a bigger effect today.

No comments:

Post a Comment