Thursday, February 4, 2010

Technology Dependence

I find that my reliance on technology is significantly increased when I am at school. At home, I am always doing something, both outside and inside, that usually does not involve the use of technology (computer, TV, phone).

I think that it is harder for our generation to make a conscious choice to not become addicted to their technology, but there still is the choice. At school, it is even harder to not rely on technology because we are limited to what we can do as compared to home.

I think that living in a more controlled environment, like a college, increases our dependence on technology because we are separated from the place that we grew up with and are used to. We tend to want to stay connected more with home and friends at different places, and we rely on our computers and cell phones for that. When we are at home we are able to physically be with those people and therefore rely less on our technology to keep us connected.

No comments:

Post a Comment