Thursday, February 4, 2010

Technology a new way of life?

Although there is some technology that hasn't become a necessity in everyday life, as a college student there are definitely some that have.

Twitter, websites such as Facebook and Myspace, and even the television are things that I can easily get through my day without missing. However, my phone is how I arrange my daily plans, check the time, communicate with friends, and even how I keep track of homework assignments. On days that I leave it in my room on accident, it almost feels like I'm naked and would be in trouble if something came up. My phone is definitely the most important aspect of my life as far as media is concerned.

Internet is also something that I couldn't get through a normal day without. Any questions that come up regarding homework or every day life are easily answered, and it serves as a source of entertainment when I'm not busy. Technology has certainly changed the dynamic of how school work is handled, because now rather than needing to know the details about everything, it is now easier to be quick at searching the net.

Although I try to keep the media influence in my life to a minimum, it seems that an increase in technology is going to make it harder and harder to ignore it. The way everything is going, you can almost do anything imaginable through just your phone, and despite the fact that it makes everyday life easier, who knows the effects that it will have on society in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment