Thursday, May 6, 2010

What I Have Really Learned in COMM 101…

This semester has contained so much information about the mass media world. From newspapers to books to the Internet to magazines etc. I have learned numerous things.

The most important topic that was taught in this class was the First Amendment. It is the amendment in the U.S. Constitution that is a media employee’s best friend. Without this amendment freedom to press, freedom to speech, and freedom to assemble would not be available to the media members.

I also learned a lot about how technology has really impacted our generation. We believe that we can multitask, but in reality we just have short attention spans and need to constantly be switching back and forth between many things.

After doing my media pioneer project, I also learned the Steven Spielberg helped pioneer the idea of product placement, which is placing a product within a television or movie script as a form of subtle advertisement. He also started the summer blockbuster hit tradition with Jaws.

Another thing I learned from COMM 101 was how the media really affects us as individuals. The media has a way of causing us to follow the latest trends and attitudes. If kids see other kids on television acting a certain way, then they may start acting that way because the kids on TV are so it’s looked at as OK.

I have learned a lot of things in this class it was very interesting. The ones listed above are just a few that really caught my attention. Have a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment